Friday, 2 March 2012

Luscious lace

Lace is a fabric that I always lust after, I don’t know why, but whenever I see it in a shop I just have to go up and touch it.  I got married almost four years ago and my wedding dress was made from the most beautiful beaded lace, I just loved it!  So as you might have guessed, this is another trend that I intend to make the most of.

Emilio Pucci
Louis Vuitton
Valentino
Valentino















Images thanks to Style.com

Last season lace was a big trend, but it was one for the bad girl.  Gothic chic was huge and I made the most of it, satisfying my desire for something more edgy to mix with my already, predominantly black wardrobe.  But this season the good girl has fought back, and the trend has evolved into something softer and more romantic with lashings of white, cream, soft sorbet shades and girly shapes. 

Despite this, I really feel that this is a trend that can be adapted to suit all styles.  Girly, edgy, classic or sexy, it will work for all.  Here are a few of my favourites from the high-street so far…
1. Dorothy Perkins. 2. Zara. 3. Mint Velvet. 4. Next. 5. Zara. 6. Zara. 7. ASOS. 8. Zara. 9. Oasis
This is how I’d like to wear lace this season, how about you?



24 comments:

Yvette said...

i love lace, can't wear it enought this summer!

xx
Yvette

Come join my give-away!
www.afashionhouseofcards.blogspot.com

Chloe said...

That lace jacket from Dorothy Perkins looks lovely, I think I might have to investigate it!

Great post, Thanks!

Chloe
www.chloeandthechimera.com

Niki said...

Me too!

Niki said...

Yeah, it's so versatile too - great over a LBD or jeans

Style Eyes Ethical Fashion Blog said...

I am a big fan of lace. I love the dress number 2. I was lucky enough to bag myself a vintage lace skirt in a clothes swap a few weeks ago and I can't wait to wear it!

Make Do Style said...

Oh yes more lace please - how I would love a Valentino or Louis Vuitton dress this season but more like Zara for me xx

Niki said...

What a great swap! Looking forward to seeing how you wear it on your blog x

Niki said...

he he, me too! Zara have gone all out for lace this season, I'm in danger of being a walking advertisement for them x

Jules M said...

I absolutely LOVE lace! These are great pieces. My wedding dress was all lace...too bad I can't wear it everyday :/

http://creativelystylish.wordpress.com/

Niki said...

Mine's just hanging in the wardrobe looking very sorry for itself. A friend told me about 'wedding dress party's' when women meet up and get to their wedding dress again. I'm still yet to find one but would feel great to wear it again!

Bola (Lilac Dreams) said...

I love lace and have been wearing for a few years now. I especially love the lace shorts. Great post.

http://thelilacdream.blogspot.com

Mexiquer said...

wow, I love lace but in this post I'm really impressed with the fringe black bag you added to your collage, so damn nice! Thanks so much for your lovely comment :)*

daisymay aka Chantele said...

OMG really want 1,2,3,4&9 so beautiful

Why not enter my Fashionista Giveaway

Niki said...

Thanks for commenting Bola, I lvoe the lace shorts too...I just don't have the legs for them :(

Niki said...

Thanks Mexiquer, I have a bit of a soft spot for fringing at the moment. The bag's from Zara but there are loads of other fringe bags (and shoes) in Zara too! x

Zoe said...

Love all those items you choosed!
Do you want to follow each other?
xx

Kim said...

Loving lace this season too! It's so sweet and adorable.

-kim
found the route

Marie Martell said...

I love lace!

http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

Niki said...

I'd quite like them all too! Well, except for the little shorts, thhat would be an awful look on me! :)

Niki said...

Thanks :)

Niki said...

Me too! Can't get enough of it

Oh Sunnie Day said...

Lace is always so romantic! I would love a lace scarf!

xx

Jen

Niki said...

It's such a great way to introduce lace into every outfit, waht could be better!?

Niki said...

Me too :)