Sunday, 11 March 2012

Three Ways To Wear A Dipped Hem Skirt

I've had such a crazy week this week (I’ve been shopping with clients in the day and sorting out their wardrobes in the evening just so I can fit everyone in!) that I almost ran out of time to do the weekly Three Was To Wear Post.  But my hubby has nipped out to walk Hendrix so I thought I'd take the opportunity to get this post up.

I’ve spotted so many dipped hem dresses and skirts around recently and, I don’t know about you, but I'm really liking them.  They were around last season too, but the fabrics were so thin and I’m such wimp when it comes to the cold that I couldn’t bring myself to wear them.  But with summer on its way there’s no stopping me.

I bought this dress back at the beginning of December and have been dying to wear it.  I’m not that keen on getting my legs out, so a skirt that’s long at the back makes me feel a little more confident about having bare legs in the summer. 

There are so many ways to wear this dress, but here are three f my favourites...

Dress from Zara

  1. Tied t-shirt from Topshop, bangles a mixture of vintage and high-street, boots from Zara.
2. Jacket from Zara, belt from Topshop, shoes - Finsk from Faith.
3. Denim jacket from Zara, cropped white t-shirt from Topshop, belt from a pair of trousers, pumps from New Look.


A bit of a Zara fest...as always!
What do you think to dipped hem skirts and dresses? What's your favourite look?

22 comments:

daisychain said...

that dress is so freaking gorgeous! x

Niki said...

i couldn't resist it!

shipshapeandbristolfashion said...

Zara can do no wrong! That dress is lovely : )

Favourite Vintage Finds said...

Love the dress and your three ways to wear it! xo

Niki said...

Thanks!

Niki said...

I know, I do have a bit of an obsession with Zara at the moment :)

Niina - It seems pretty obvious. said...

Wow that dress is just beautiful! And I love how you have styled it, especially with that denim jacket :)

Bola said...

looks great! I linke number 2 the most.

Niki said...

The denim jacket is an item Ive had for a while but don't wear very much so it was great to find it went with the dress!

Niki said...

Thanks, I think my fave is the first one :)

Marmalade said...

Thanks for your blog comment :)

Love the way you've styled this, showing 3 ways is an awesome idea, love it. It looks great on you too. The middle one is definitely the most me :) Although i'd swap for denim and high heel sandals in the summer

Mel x
www.mediamarmalade.com

Niki said...

Hey Mel, thanks for your comment too! Love the idea of denim and high heel sandals in the summer, you may just spot in that in a later post :) x

daisymay aka Chantele said...

All your looks are great! I have a dipped hem skirt that I love, its just so flattering!

Daisy Dayz

Kim said...

I'm so in love with dipped hemlines right now...I hope this trend never goes away! I love it too much...

-kim
found the route

Niki said...

I've just bought another, just love them :)

Niki said...

I know, but I'm in danger of only having dipped hem skirts and nothing else!

Jenina Marie said...

I'm inspired! Love all three of these looks!

Melissa Shaw said...

Love the dress , And 3 ways to wear it i have a dip hem skirt with pink purple flower print wondering what can wear it with on cold night out

Cassandra said...

Would a dipped hemmed skirt, blazer and flats combo go well? I can't wear heels :(

Niki Whittle said...

Thanks Jenina!

Niki Whittle said...

I always gravitate to my leather jacket or denim biker jacket.

Niki Whittle said...

Of course! Give it a go and let me know how you get on :)