Friday, 13 April 2012

Looking For A Place To Live

It’s been a while since I’ve done an outfit post.  My clothes have been all over the place the last few weeks.  First they were sifted through and organised into clothes to take to India and ones to stay in the UK.  Next they were split into clothes to take with me on the plane, and clothes to be shipped by sea that I could do without for up to 2 months.  And finally I had to decide which clothes I’d want to use in the first couple of weeks at the hotel and pack them into one case so that I wouldn’t have to rummage around three cases to find what I was looking for.

It took me ages to work out what to take.  For starters the weather had gone back to being cold, making it hard to believe that I wouldn’t need any chunky knits or a coat.  And secondly, I realised that my summer wardrobe was skeletal…even in the middle of summer I’d be complaining that I’m cold, so I never really had any need for really summery clothes before now.  A couple of rushed shopping trips later and I had managed to pull together mini collection of clothes that I hope will create a huge selection of outfits.  So far, it’s not let me down.
On Wednesday afternoon, Al finished work early and joined me on the hunt for an apartment.  I think we may have found one we like; it overlooks a park and has three big balconies that are just in line with the tops of the trees.  There are more places to see yet, but this one is a big contender.
After the brilliant Ms Tina had finished showing us around, we went for a walk to see what the area was like.  It’s a little quieter than most areas and has some great little cafes and shops around, as well as the local sellers on the side of the road, it was buzzing.
I’ve not been too keen on showing a lot of skin, it’s so hot here, but I get enough attention as it is without bearing all.  This dress works quite well; I spotted it in TK Maxx, and instantly liked the vintage feel and long hem.  
Dress from TK Maxx, belt from Topshop, bag from Zara, scarf from Miss Selfridge, cuff from Topman, shoes from Office.
While Alex was taking the photos I spotted a sleeping dog and couldn’t help taking a picture with her. 
 

24 comments:

Pinhole and Paper said...

Hey lovely lady,

That dress is amazing how do you find these things! I never find anything in TK Maxx!
I'm glad you may have found an apartment 3 balconies that's super cool. Can't wait for more pictures of you in Bangalore it looks like a really colourful place, I would love to come and do lots of drawings does your apartment have space for one more?

Love Na x

Niki said...

Hey Na!!! Thanks :) It's always a bit hit and miss at TK, you have to be in the mood to rummage. YES! There's plenty of room, come and stay, we can go on drawing trips!!! xxx

Style Eyes said...

Your dress and sandals look beautiful and perfect for the hot weather. Hope all is going well there, looks like there are lots of sleeping dogs!

Niki said...

Thanks Ceri, all going well here, off to explore one of the many gardens here today. There are so many sleeping dogs, I want to take them all home!

Katy said...

You look amazinf Niki, very at home. THe apartment sounds fantastic as well, can't wait to see more photos, please keep them coming! xxx

Cherry said...

Love your outfit! I can't imagine doing something like moving to another country, I wouldn't have the first clue about things to take with me!

maggie pryce said...

Hi Darling, finally got the blogging lark !!
Just seen your latest blog, could almost have been Bristol or Bath, apart from the sleeping dogs, yoga and the great fruit and veg stalls !!

You look fantastic, very glam indeed, love the outfit.
Hope Hendrix doesn't see the photo !!

Love
Mum xxx

Niki said...

Thanks Katy, I do feel like I could settle down without too much trouble, I'm also hoping the apartment goes through...We'll have to wait and see. It would be lovly to be in for my birthday xx

Niki said...

Thanks Cherry, it's great fun but takes some serious planning...something that's not my strong point, but luckly my husband thrives on planning :) x

Niki said...

Yay! You're much more computer savvy than you let on! Thanks for the lovely comment, miss you and can't wait for you to come and visit, you'll just love it xx

The Style Rawr said...

Oh wow you look amazing. TK is my mothership! I still can't get over you being my bag twin haha!

J xxx

Niki said...

Hehe! We just have fantastic taste :)

Zoe said...

This dress is so beautiful!

Niki said...

Thanks Zoe, I couldn't resist it when I saw it. I don't tend to buy clothes very often and when I do, I try to buy things that I love and that go with lots of other things in my wardrobe. This ticked both boxes :)

Melissa Bothwell-Inglis said...

Thanks for linking your name so I could find your blog Niki! Wow.. these shots just brought back my trip to Pakistan in full force (those dogs, those rickshaws... the smell of burning waste on the sidewalks... oy!).
You are too pretty - I can only imaging the stares happening there (did many ask to take your picture? I remember getting that and it freaked me right out! hehe). Nice to meet you, I'll keep up on bloglovin!
Mel ;o)
needle and nest

Nics Notebook said...

Just came across your blog & will be following you on your journey! Good luck! Also, Hendrix is a real cutie - is he a springer? I have 2 springer pups - amazing dogs :) x

Niki said...

Nice to meet you too! Thanks for comenting :) Yes, we've had our picture taken...but haven't been asked yet, people keep trying to do it on the sly. When we were here 10 years ago we were always being asked if we could have our picture taken, although it was more often my hubby whose picture they wanted...he's 6ft 4 and pretty hairy :) Pakistan must have been amazing!

Niki said...

2 springer pups, how cute! Hendrix is a rescue dog so we didn't have him from a pup but I would have loved to have seen him as one. They are amazing dogs, proper little personalities :)

Fashion Tales.... said...

The printed dress looks perfect for a humid climate. I need to hit up TK soon.I love these photos!

Bola said...

Good luck with finding a place. Must be exciting. Love the pics of the dogs just chllin in the streets. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. See my last post :)

Bola

http://thelilacdream.blogspot.com

Elena said...

Hello dear,
found you on Ind.Fashion Bloggers- great blog! I really like your style!
XoXo
Elena
http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

Niki said...

Thanks Fashion Tales :) and TK is definately worth a visit!

Niki said...

Thanks Bola! Aand double thanks for nominating me too!!! Will have to check it out now that I'm back in the land of the computers and internet! Nik xx

Niki said...

Hi Elena, it's lovely to hear from you! thanks for comenting :) Am off to check out your blog...