Thursday, 9 August 2012

Three Ways To Wear...

An oversized t-shirt.

I’m a sucker for an oversized t-shirt or vest.  I see them on other women and love how effortlessly stylish they look.  They ooze that ‘couldn’t care less…just threw it on’ chic that I wish I could master.   I know I’m not the only one who’s drawn to this look; I can’t tell you how many times I've found these hidden at the back of clients wardrobes, with the labels still on!

Oversized t-shirts can be so unflattering if you're not careful.  The loose un-structured shape is going to hide any kind of waist you might have and more often than not, the length will cut across the thighs. 


My 5ft 4 pear shape is one of the hardest shapes to work this style top, but where there’s a will there’s a way and I should know enough tricks by now to make this look work for me and my shape. Here are three of my favourite looks, but there are may more ways to wear it...maybe a little more colour next time!

Tied in a knot: Top - Evil Twin - Asos, jeans - Oasis, boots - Zara, belt - French Connection.
Layered: Jacket - Zara, trousers - J Brand, boots - NW3, bangles - Indian market.
Tucked in: Trousers - monsoon, shoes - Office, belt - Topshop, bangles - Indian market and Topshop.

11 comments:

briannelee said...

Cute! I love the tee and blazer together.

shipshapeandbristolfashion said...

I'm a sucker for this look as well, only now am I starting to actually make it wearable though - it's taken years and a few unflattering photos to make me realise I need to show off my waist! Love the look with the blazer x

Niki said...

Thanks :) I love trying to come up with diferent ways to wear things. My fave is the jacket combo too x

Niki said...

hehe, I can't believe that! X

erica marie said...

cute post, I love the look with the blazer.

xo erica

Josephine Pearl said...

These are such great ideas, love all of the outfits you've put together with this top. Great post.

Jo. x

Alanna said...

How creative! I love the styling on all 3 outfits!

Style Eyes said...

I always struggle with baggy t shirts too but I really love how you have styled it with the jacket.

THE-LOUDMOUTH said...

I love what you did here! That middle outfit is my fave, I'd totally wear that!!

Jenn H. said...

I just bought ANOTHER oversized t-shirt hoping it would magically give me the effect you described. So I'm really glad you blogged this. :)

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Love the layered look! That looks really cool:)

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/