Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Are you still there??

Yes, I know it’s been almost two months since my last post…and yes, I know that’s rubbish - REALLY rubbish.  I’ve just got back to Bangalore from our first trip back to the UK in 6 months.  We travelled the length and breadth of the country visiting friends and family and witnessed two of our close friends Matt and Na (of Naomi Draws and Pinhole and Paper ) tie the knot at a beautiful ceremony at Folly Farm. The first two weeks were over in a blink of an eye and before we knew it Alex had to leave and fly back to Bangalore for work.

I stayed on for another three weeks working nonstop seeing clients. It felt so good to be back in Bristol and working again.  Seeing old and new client’s everyday reminded me how much I love styling people…witnessing their confidence soar in just a few hours is so rewarding, I love it! Anyway, all this busyness meant that I had very little time to blog…and I’ll be honest, I just didn’t feel like I wanted to either.  I slipped back into life in the UK so quickly that when the time came to fly back, I was a little apprehensive.  Knowing that Alex was already in India, made leaving home a little easier but it was so good to catch up with my friends and family that leaving again wasn’t easy.

My visit back to the UK and return to Bangalore was made all the more confusing with a long weekend in Dubai with Alex, 4 days in Bangalore, a week in Thailand and now finally a chance to get back into it in Bangalore. An amazing few weeks but far from routine!


I’ve been back here for just over a week now and it’s taking me a little time to adjust. When I was back at home my business was running at full capacity, meaning I had clients everyday and some evenings too.  I barely had time to think!  My life over here is a stark contrast to that, it’s a very different pace and despite my best efforts I’m struggling to get back into the swing of things.  I actually have a looooooooooooong list of things to do, most of them things I couldn’t wait to come back to and start, but for some reason I can’t. 

I’ve been sitting here for most of the day trying to get just one thing done – this post - but I‘ve just found it so hard.  I had plans for a festive fashion post and another three ways to wear, but instead the apartment is sparkly clean and there’s no dirty washing in the laundry basket anymore.   As for doing the productive, exciting things I’ve been planning? Nothing yet...  So this is my attempt at getting back into it.  And while it’s possibly a little dull for you, it’s actually been great for me. Admitting that I’m finding it hard to settle back in here isn’t easy to do, but I think acknowledging it has given me the kick up the bum that I need to get on with things.

So if you’re still following, please stick with me; I plan to make up for my blogging hiatus. Here’s a sneaky peek of what’s to come…


See you again soon!! x

 

8 comments:

char said...

Interested in your festive fashion posts, and glad you've been having a good time!

Niki said...

Hi Char...thats some super fast commenting!! Great to hear from you :) x

daisychain said...

Hello stranger, nice to see you post xo

naomidesigns said...

Hey there busy bee,

Wow you really have had the most amazing whirlwind time no wonder your finding it hard to get back into things. I felt exactly the same after our honeymoon - I just didn't feel like doing all the things I had been planning in my head. It's taken a while but I am slowly getting back into things. I found that reading all my favourite blogs really helped me get inspired again - sooooo I am very pleased that you have started blogging again and your future posts sound really exciting. Thanks for helping me to feel inspired and I look forward to seeing a glimpse of your amazing adventures in Bangalore.

Miss you loads Na xxxxxx

shipshapeandbristolfashion said...

Good to see you back! We got hitched at Folly Farm - it's a magical venue : ) I hope your friends enjoyed their day there as much as we did! x

Niki said...

Helloooooooo!! Thanks,it's good to be back :)

Niki said...

Na...miss you heaps too! great to hear you're getting back into the swing of things. How's it feel to be Mrs Skinner!! :D Reading fave blogs is a great idea, think I'll spend the afternoon indulging myself. Take care, love Nik xx

Niki said...

Oh wow! Great choice of venue, I bet you have some beautiful wedding pics! It's great to be back...thanks for following still :) x