Friday, 14 December 2012

First ever DIY post - Snowflakes!

 
Every Friday, myself and three others volunteer at a school in a slum doing arts and crafts. It’s so much fun and even though I’m absolutely shattered at the end of it, I love it! We have two classes, one group is aged 5-6 and the others are 15-16, each week we have to come up with a different project and I think this week, our project for the older kids was my favourite yet. If you follow me on Twitter then you may have seen my picture of a paper snowflake that we made with the kids.
 
 
After I posted it, I had a couple of people ask me how to make them…so here it is, my first ever DIY post! It’s pretty picture heavy, but if you stick with me, you’ll be knocking these out in no time!
 
 

I can't take credit for these, one of the guys who volunteers with me showed us how to make them, I think it was his wife who discovered them. They're pretty simple aren't they!  I can't stop making them now, bet you can't either!

4 comments:

THE-LOUDMOUTH said...

These are gorgeous! Congrats on your first DIY!

shipshapeandbristolfashion said...

Such a clever idea - it looks so pretty and since there aren't any sewing machines involved, I might have to give it a try : )

shipshapeandbristolfashion said...

Gorgeous - and not a sewing machine in sight so I might actually be able to make these!

SJP said...

Gorgeous - and not a sewing machine in sight so I might actually be able to make these!