Images thanks to www.style.com
With such a variety of prints to choose from this season, you may find it hard to decide what to go for, or how to wear it. If you love prints like I do, then jump in with both feet and try a pair of printed trousers. If you prefer to take it steady, then there are plenty of gorgeous accessories that will hit the spot. A printed bag, or pair of floral pumps will nod to the trend with very little commitment.
Here are some of my favourite print pieces so far…
I love to mix my prints up, stripes and floral prints work brilliantly together, but I also like to throw leopard print into the mix too. It's a great way to pull together your own take on the trend. You need to be confident with your choices, sometimes it’s the prints that clash that make the best combination so wear them like they were meant to be together to avoid looking like you got dressed in the dark.
- If one colour features in both prints, this will help tie them together.
- It helps if one of the prints is bolder than the other, otherwise they will compete for attention, and it’s unlikely to work.
- Adding a belt in a colour that is featured in both prints is a great way to ensure they tie together perfectly.
- Try mixing different textures together; I like to mix silk and knitwear together for a different look.
- Make sure you don’t get lost in the print, if it’s too bold for you, they’ll wear you rather than the other way round.
Here are some ideas...
Whether you like to mix it up or prefer to keep things simple, the choice is huge out there. I’m convinced there’s a print for everyone.
How will you be wearing prints this season? Have you have spotted or bought something awesome recently that you think should know about? Please share it by commenting below!