Monday, 7 January 2013

Happy New Year!

 
Yes, I know I’m a little late in wishing you a very happy New Year but we've had friends and family staying for the last couple of weeks and have been on a whirl wind tour of Bangalore and Kerala.  It was just amazing to have them stay with us in India, and even more amazing to be able to celebrate Christmas and New Year with them!
Our last guests left in the early hours of this morning and Alex went back to work, so I woke up feeling sad in a very empty and quiet apartment.  I have lots to share about our Indian style Christmas and New Year but right now I need to get on with finishing my latest column for Folio magazine (and attempting to take my mind off the fact that my friends have just left).
Anyway, here’s a post I wrote a couple of weeks ago.  Until next time, Niki x
Yes, we went to yet another flea market, they’re so regular in Bangalore that I’m starting to become accustomed to them…it will be hard returning home and not having these to look forward to every couple of months.  This time we went with a group of friends, which always makes it more fun.

As usual, there were lovely handmade crafts and knick knacks; it was the perfect place to get last minute stocking fillers, but my favourite stall was this one selling wrapping paper and little note books made from old newspapers.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, absolutely beautiful photos. A real pleasure to see!

katy said...

I wish we could have gone to a flea when we were there, it knocks the socks off Chesterfield flea, although i really would have ran out of space in my bag!

shipshapeandbristolfashion said...

Happy New Year! Glad you had a good 'un and loving that yearn bombed chair! xx

tsnenty said...

Crafts are nice and interesting, I do not think old newspapers can be as beautiful as that.

Niki said...

Thank you! :)

Niki said...

You'd have loved it Katy!...but the Chesterfield flea is a pretty good substitute :)

Niki said...

Happy New Year to you too! I know, how awesome is that!!