Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Something New

So I may have been away from Hip Shapes And Bristol Fashion for a few weeks, but I’ve not been neglecting it entirely.  While things may have been a little quiet on the posting front (mainly thanks to my computer being hacked) I have actually been planning.  I have!

I’ve been wanting to come up with some kind of schedule for the blog, or at least some regular features for you to enjoy for a while now.  My Three Way’s To Wear feature is the closest I’ve come to this, but I’ve found it harder than I thought to do this on a monthly basis as my wardrobe is fairly limited over here in India.  I’m not about to stop these posts, but I now know that trying to make it a regular monthly feature just isn’t realistic and that by promising to do something regularly and then not, I’m only disappointing myself and you. 

But, while I realised that my Three Ways To Wear posts weren't going to be as regular as I had hoped, I also realised that the time had come to introduce some new features.  Regular ones, to be precise.  So I’ve decided to give it a whirl – stop thinking about it and to just get on with it - Here is the first of two (yes TWO) new features: Lusting Lately.

I’ve noticed other bloggers sharing their weekly wishes and current crushes and think it’s a great way to keep a record of all the mini trends and clothes that catch their eye and inspire them to develop their own style. Lusting Lately will be very similar to this, not only will it be a sort of online ‘style bible’ for me, it will also be a great tool to help me to introduce you to new items, trends and styles.  Anyway, that’s enough introducing, I’ll shut up and get posting…

For my very first post I’m featuring these beauties…floral printed biker jackets.  How stunning are these?  They’re edgy but feminine – my style all over!

Printed Biker Jackets


I actually spotted a jacket like this ages ago but couldn’t find it anywhere and totally forgot about it. But last week I was searching for something online for a client, when the River Island jacket popped up and I fell for it, completely.  I know, I know, we’re coming into spring so you’re probably thinking it’s not the right time of year for something like this, but you’d be wrong.  Jackets like this make the transition from winter to spring effortless. I love layering them over little summer dresses and they look stunning with coloured skinny’s that are fast becoming a wardrobe staple! I can't justify buying a  jacket like this while I'm living in India, but I reckon I could do a spot of diy printing on an old jacket :)
                                                                                                                                        

There you have it, my very first regular feature!  I’d love to know what you think…not just about my new feature, but about this type of post in general.  Do you get board of them pretty quickly or is it something you enjoy seeing?

8 comments:

Nick said...

Hi Niki - Personally I prefer seeing your Indian style influences & seeing what you are wearing out there - and what the women around you are wearing. The floral biker jackets are great - but I can see that anywhere whereas you are the only style blogger I know that lives in India, and that, for me, is what makes you unique and keeps me coming back. I know it's all highly subjective but I love your posts where I can experience your take on India - the colours, the lights, the different fabrics and textures that you are seeing.... So you could still do the Lusting Lately take but do it about the stuff you see out in India. PS You mentioned your wardrobe is a bit limited out in India - But I think that can be a good thing as I love seeing how women are inventive within limits eg a limited budget or a limited wardrobe. That's just me though...

shipshapeandbristolfashion said...

Hi Niki, good to have to you back! Those jackets are stunning and I may have to steal your style and buy that River Island one - what could be better than a biker jacket and florals mixed together!? xx

Katy Pryce said...

Great feature, great idea. These are very cool, love them. This feature idea is like pinterest, I have just started using it and love it. I have a style board of things I would love to buy and love the look of, you could get people to share their style wishlists and then help them achieve the look or how to team it with something else......

Lexi said...

I absolutely love those floral jackets! So funky and different!
Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

Niki said...

Hi Nick, thanks for commenting…that’s just the sort of feedback I was looking for. I absolutely intend to keep posting about my life and style over here in India; I can’t help but share the fantastic things and experiences all around me. I think the Lusting Lately came about because I wanted to feel more connected to home and to the fashions and style back there, but you’re right, I should feature some Indian lusts too! As for my limited wardrobe, I enjoy the challenge of pulling together new outfits from the same small selection of items, and love sharing this. Showing women how to be creative and maximise the use of a limited wardrobe is what I do for a living…I see so many wardrobes crammed full of clothes that aren’t being worn when they can be, so I hope that my three ways to wear and style posts will encourage people to be a bit more inventive with what they already have. Thanks for the feedback Nick, and the suggestions, they are all greatly received. Ooh, and I had a peek at your blog, I really enjoyed it and will definitely be popping back again x

Niki said...

It's good to be back! My disapearing act is becoming far too regular. Go for it, it's the perfect combo! xx

Niki said...

Love this idea Katy!! Love it!! xxx

Niki said...

Aren't they just!! Thanks for commenting :) x