Saturday, 13 April 2013

Pretty Inspired : Hand Block Printing Studio

I love seeing other people’s studios, there’s something interesting about seeing how they organise their space and how they work.  I visited Tharangini hand block printing studio a few months back, as soon as i walked through the door I wanted to start designing there and then!

The piles of hand carved printing blocks were crying out to be touched and the books crammed full with hundreds of different designs were so inspiring that I got out my own sketch book as soon as I arrived home.  Sadly I didn’t get to try my hand at block printing as we were short of time, but I WILL be back!  How can you not be inspired by a place like this?! 




6 comments:

Charley B Design said...

I love this piece Niki! Serious studio inspiration! The colours are so beautiful! It's such a craft isn't it? I hope you are really well, speak soon, Charley x

Katy said...

Beautiful pictures Niki, would love to see your prints! xxx

Niki said...

Hey Charley! It is! I'm hoping to do a workshop there to learn more :) Hope all is well in Bath! Niki xx

pat mccabe said...

Amazing work and I agree it is interesting to see how others create. It can be so inspiring. Good luck with future projects.
Pat x

Niki said...

Thanks Katy, you will...soon! x

Niki said...

Hi Pat, thanks for comenting! Niki x